Monday, December 20, 2010

What I have gained from one of my hobbies

it happened when I was 11 years old. I used to wander around my neighbourhood and one evening I came upon a group of youths gathered around a house. they had their shirts off and seemed to be strutting about flexing their muscles. Then I saw something that perked my interest. A set of dumb bells and each of them took turns to exercise with the equipment.
I was intrigued and was impressed with the way the muscles moved as they did the exercise. Then after that day I dreamed of owning a set of dumb bells. It was two years after that day I finally got myself a 3 kg dumb bell. so I had a new hobby which is weight training aside from playing computer games. But sadly I was kinda lost my spirit because my mom said that i wont gain anything even if i exercise using the equipment. Its because I had a high metabolic rate. I eat a lot but i gain  little weight but i gain height.
The good thing is, I hardly gotten sick alhamdulillah and I could enjoy a wide variety of sports.

so people, even though others might say what's the point of exercising when you're skinny or small or whatever.. say to them that at least it could make you healthy :)

2 comments:

  1. I walk the park everyday..
    that counts as exercise right..
    hikhik..

    ReplyDelete
  2. yup. walking is a form of exercise. gentle to the knees too, because of its low impact on them:)

    ReplyDelete